SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1327
96TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES COX (Sponsor) AND LARGENT (Co-sponsor).
4551L.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 210, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to disclosure of certain foster care licensure information.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 210, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 210.567, to read as follows:
210.567. Except to the extent disclosure is otherwise required by law, a public governmental body may close meetings, records, and votes to the extent they relate to personal information of any person obtained in the process of licensing a foster home, as described and required under sections 210.481 to 210.536; except that, the division, as defined in section 210.481 and charged with licensing foster homes, shall make available for disclosure a report containing the following information for each foster home:
(1) The names of all persons eighteen years of age or older licensed to operate the foster home;
(2) A description of the background investigation conducted on all persons operating or maintaining the foster home, including a list of documents submitted by such persons, a statement that such documents have been examined and approved as authentic, and a list of all meetings and classes attended by such persons in order to obtain a license to operate or maintain a foster home;
(3) A description of all concerns raised during the background investigation and foster home licensure process as well as a description of how such concerns were resolved;
(4) A description of such person's ability to perform the minimum competency requirements of foster parents in accordance with rules promulgated by the division;
(5) A list of all references provided by each person, stating the name of the reference, how and when the reference was contacted, and a brief description of the reference's opinion of such person.
The report shall not contain the address of any residence, nor shall it contain any personal information not otherwise required in this subdivision which could be used by another to threaten, harm, harass, or embarrass any person.