hb1296i-Introduced Bill Text
SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1296
91ST GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVE TROUPE.
Pre-filed December 19, 2001, and 1000 copies ordered printed.
TED WEDEL, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 208, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to a Medicaid pharmacy management program,
with an emergency clause.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 208, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 208.560, to read as
208.560. 1. The department of social services shall develop a comprehensive "Medicaid Pharmacy Management
Program". The program shall have the following duties related to pharmaceutical coverage under the state
(1) Provide daily direction and be primarily responsible for the performance of the Medicaid pharmacy program;
(2) Supervise all cost containment programs;
(3) Solicit Medicaid provider recommendations for best management practices;
(4) Enter into contracts for consultative services;
(5) Employ a program director;
(6) Employ experienced primary care physicians as a medical director and additional support physicians for
(7) Employ pharmacists with clinical and practical experience;
(8) Employ support personnel;
(9) Provide personnel support and other resources for a disease state management program;
(10) Include, as appropriate, management programs for subgroups, including but not limited to the disabled and
(11) Expand when legislatively directed to manage the state's MC+ program's and the Missouri consolidated health
care plan's pharmacy programs; and
(12) Report to the joint committee on pharmacy management established in subsection 2 of this section biannually
or upon request.
2. There is hereby established a "Joint Committee on Pharmacy Management" which shall be comprised of six
members of the general assembly. Three members of the bipartisan committee shall be appointed by the speaker of
the house of representatives, three members shall be appointed by the president pro tem of the senate. From the
members appointed, one member from each house of the general assembly shall be chosen to serve as co-chairpersons of the committee. The members of the committee shall serve without compensation but shall be
reimbursed for their actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties for the
committee. The committee shall review the effectiveness of the Medicaid pharmacy management program.
Section B. Because immediate action is necessary to ensure the availability of Medicaid pharmaceutical funding section A
of this act is deemed necessary for the immediate preservation of the public health, welfare, peace and safety, and is hereby
declared to be an emergency act within the meaning of the constitution, and section A of this act shall be in full force and
effect upon its passage and approval.
Missouri House of Representatives