99th General Assembly, 2nd Regular Session - 2018
Capitol Report Signup
Sign up to receive Capitol Reports
from your district.
Subcommittee on Appropriations - Health, Mental Health, and Social Services, Ranking Minority Member
Rules - Legislative Oversight, Ranking Minority Member
MO House of Representatives
201 West Capitol Avenue
Jefferson City MO 65101
Deb is a health care professional and local businesswoman who is a part of the Kirkwood community. A longtime resident, Deb treasures the trees, the unique communities and the thriving businesses in the area. As a physical therapist and sole owner of an outpatient Physical Therapy outpatient clinic, Deb has built her professional reputation on results. She is recognized as a leader in her field and receives referrals from all around the region.
Born and raised in New England, Deb left home to put herself through college at Marquette University in Milwaukee where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy. Soon after graduation, Deb moved to St. Louis and has resided here for over 30 years.
Deb first sparked her interest in politics as a teenager when she participated in Girls State, a program sponsored by the American Legion Auxiliary. There she learned the importance and value of Democratic government. She put her enthusiasm to work in the following years by becoming involved in many local and state issues.
Deb has worked the halls of the state capitol in Jefferson City to support issues important to her and the people in this district. In 2006, she worked for State Representative Barbara Fraser.
Since 2003, Deb has had the great opportunity of being able to participate in raising her nephew Griffin. Deb is very proud of the young man he has become. He is currently enrolled at Meramec Community College.
Deb is an active leader and enthusiastic volunteer in community service and community improvement endeavors.
• Member, Kirkwood Rotary Club
Deb’s been involved in the good works of Rotarians since 1985.
• Member, Steering Committee for Hands on Kirkwood
Raised funds and recruited volunteers for Hands on Kirkwood (HOK) Day 2011-2014
• Organizer, Meacham Park Community Garden. Building community around a garden!
• Board of Directors, Mary Culver Home for the Visually Impaired (located in Kirkwood)
• Member, Kirkwood Area Chamber of Commerce
• Volunteer, 50 Trees for 50 Years (Kirkwood – 2011-2013)
• Member, Kirkwood Historical Society
• Member, Friends of Kirkwood Public Library
• Member, Kirkwood Living Green
• Member, Women’s Voices Raised for Social Justice
• Member, American Physical Therapy Association
• Member, Missouri Physical Therapy Association
Changes the laws regarding the management of certain state revenues by sweeping certain funds and lowering the senior property tax credit maximum
Prohibits elected officials from accepting lobbyist gifts and prohibits lobbyists from providing gifts to such elected officials