SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 2055
93RD GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVE LAMPE.
Read 1st time March 28, 2006 and copies ordered printed.
STEPHEN S. DAVIS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 174, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to membership on the board of regents.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 174, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 174.057, to read as follows:
174.057. 1. The governor shall, by and with the advice and consent of the senate, appoint a faculty representative to the board of regents or governors of Missouri State University who shall attend all meetings and participate in all deliberations of the board. The governor shall select an appointee from a panel of three nominees selected by the faculty council, the faculty senate, or equivalent faculty organization of the university. Such faculty representative shall have the same powers as other members of the board; except that such faculty member shall not have the right to vote on any matter before the board.
2. Such faculty representative shall be a full-time tenured faculty member at Missouri State University, a citizen of the United States, and a resident of the state of Missouri.
3. The term of the faculty representative shall be three years. No person shall serve as the faculty representative to the board of the university for more than two terms.
4. If a vacancy occurs for any reason in the position of faculty representative, the governor shall appoint a replacement in accordance with subsection 1 of this section who meets the qualifications set forth in subsection 2 of this section and who shall serve until such representative's successor is appointed and qualified.
5. If the faculty representative ceases to be a full-time faculty member at the university or a resident of the state of Missouri, the faculty representative's position shall at once become vacant.
6. The faculty representative shall receive the same reimbursement for expenses as other members of the board of regents receive under section 174.100.
7. Unless alternative arrangements for payment have been made and agreed to by the student and the educational institution, the student representative shall have paid all student and tuition fees due prior to such appointment and shall pay all future student and tuition fees during the term of office when such fees are due.