hb0106i-Introduced Bill Text
FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 106
91ST GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES JOHNSON (61), BOWMAN, RIBACK WILSON (25), WALTON,
JOHNSON (90), WILSON (42), BOYKINS, COLEMAN, BROOKS,
CURLS (Co-sponsors) AND HAYWOOD.
Pre-filed December 7, 2000, and 1000 copies ordered printed.
ANNE C. WALKER, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 192, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to a state systemic lupus erythematosis program
in the department of health.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 192, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 192.729, to read as
192.729. 1. There is hereby established a state systemic lupus erythematosis program in the department of health.
Subject to appropriations, the lupus program shall:
(1) Track and monitor the incidents of lupus occurring throughout the state;
(2) Identify medical professionals and providers that are knowledgeable or specialize in the treatment of lupus and
related diseases or illnesses;
(3) Increase public awareness through education of patients, their families, various health professionals and the
(4) Establish a statewide "Women's Health Information Network", consisting of a statewide WATS telephone
system, staffed by the office of women's health in the department of health; and
(5) Promote lupus research through collaborations with academic partners throughout the state and local boards,
including the Missouri chapter of the lupus foundation.
2. The department may utilize or expand existing programs such as the state arthritis program established in
sections 192.700 to 192.727 to meet the requirements of this section.
3. The department may promulgate rules to implement the provisions of this
section. No rule or portion of a rule promulgated pursuant to the authority of this section shall become effective
unless it has been promulgated pursuant to chapter 536, RSMo.
Missouri House of Representatives