HB 702 -- Social Workers
This bill changes the laws regarding the practice of social work.
(1) Requires applicants for licensure as clinical social workers
to complete 3,000 hours of supervised clinical experience under a
licensed clinical social worker within a specified period of
(2) Removes the requirement that licensed clinical social
workers applying for a Missouri license pass an examination on
Missouri laws and regulations governing the practice of social
work and be a member in good standing of the Academy of Certified
(3) Authorizes the State Committee for Social Workers to require
a minimum of 30 hours of continuing education for license
(4) Requires the committee to establish ethical standards based
on the code of ethics of the National Association of Social
(5) Clarifies the practice of baccalaureate social work.