HB1484I-Introduced Bill Text
SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1484
89TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES REYNOLDS (Sponsor), HOPPE, BOUCHER,
GRAHAM (24), THOMPSON (72), STROKER, KISSELL, KASTEN AND KELLEY (47).
Read 1st time January 21, 1998 and 1000 copies ordered printed.
ANNE C. WALKER, Chief Clerk
Relating to gun-free school zones, with penalty provisions.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section 1. 1. A person commits the offense of carrying a firearm near schools if such
person carries a firearm, as defined in section 571.010, RSMo, in or on, or within two
thousand feet of, the real property comprising a public or private elementary or secondary
school, public vocational school, or a public or private junior college, college or university
or on any school bus.
2. Carrying a firearm near schools is a class C felony.
3. The provisions of subsection 1 of this section shall not apply to:
(1) Any federal, state, county or municipal law enforcement officer;
(2) Any member of the armed forces or national guard acting within the scope of such person's
(3) Any person who is transporting such firearm in an unloaded or nonfunctioning state in a
continuous journey peaceably through such area; or
(4) Any person on such person's property, whether rented or owned.
Return to the
Missouri House of Representatives