Read 1st time January 12, 2000, and 1000 copies ordered printed.
ANNE C. WALKER, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 407, RSMo, relating to merchandising practices by adding thereto one new section relating to funeral merchandise.
Section A. Chapter 407, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 407.205, to read as follows:
407.205. 1. For the purposes of this section, "funeral merchandise" means personal property incidental to the final disposition of a dead human body, including, but not limited to caskets, urns, grave vaults, or receptacles, but excludes grave lots, grave spaces, crypts, niches and mausoleums.
2. No funeral merchandise may be sold for delivery in Missouri other than:
(1) Where such merchandise is immediately required for use in a funeral;
(2) For immediate pick up by the purchaser from the seller; or
(3) For immediate delivery by the seller to a location selected by the purchaser.
3. The provisions of subsection 2 of this section shall not apply if the seller of such funeral merchandise and the
purchaser have executed a valid preneed funeral contract pursuant to chapter 436, RSMo. No seller of such
funeral merchandise shall agree to hold or store such merchandise for a purchaser for more than thirty days. No
seller of funeral merchandise shall enter into an agreement, other than a valid preneed contract executed in
accordance with chapter 436, RSMo, with a purchaser whereby the seller furnishes the purchaser a certificate or
other document redeemable for funeral merchandise, in lieu of actually providing such merchandise for