Read 1st time February 7, 2000, and 1000 copies ordered printed.
ANNE C. WALKER, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 332, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to dental services.
Section A. Chapter 332, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 332.324, to read as follows:
332.324. 1. The department of health may contract with the Missouri dental board to establish a donated dental services program, in conjunction with the provisions of section 332.323, through which volunteer dentists, licensed by the state pursuant to chapter 332, will provide comprehensive dental care for needy, disabled, elderly and medically-compromised individuals. Eligible individuals may be treated by the volunteer dentists in their private offices. Eligible individuals may not be required to pay any fees or costs, except for dental laboratory costs.
2. The department of health shall contract with the Missouri dental board, its designee or other qualified organizations experienced in providing similar services or programs, to administer the program.
3. The contract shall specify the responsibilities of the administering organization which may include:
(1) The establishment of a network of volunteer dentists including dental specialists, volunteer dental laboratories and other appropriate volunteer professionals to donate dental services to eligible individuals;
(2) The establishment of a system to refer eligible individuals to appropriate volunteers;
(3) The development and implementation of a public awareness campaign to educate eligible individuals about the availability of the program;
(4) Providing appropriate administrative and technical support to the program;
(5) Submitting an annual report to the department that:
(a) Accounts for all program funds;
(b) Reports the number of individuals served by the program and the number of dentists and dental laboratories participating as providers in the program; and
(c) Reports any other information required by the department;
(6) Performing, as required by the department, any other duty relating to the program.
4. The department shall promulgate rules, pursuant to chapter 536, RSMo, for the implementation of this
program and for the determination of eligible individuals.