FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 118
91ST GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES RIBACK WILSON (25) AND NORDWALD (Co-sponsors).
Pre-filed December 11, 2000, and 1000 copies ordered printed.
ANNE C. WALKER, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 441, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to eviction notice provisions for manufactured or mobile home land lease communities.
Section A. Chapter 441, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 441.900, to read as follows:
441.900. 1. As used in this section, the following terms mean:
(1) "Manufactured home", the same meaning as provided in section 700.010, RSMo;
(2) "Manufactured or mobile home land lease community", any area, lot, parcel or tract held in common ownership and on which individual portions of such area, lot, parcel or tract are leased for the placement of manufactured or mobile homes as a primary residence;
(3) "Mobile home", a residential building constructed or assembled in a factory which is not certified pursuant to the federal Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Code and which conforms to the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards for mobile homes.
2. A landlord of a manufactured or mobile home land lease community shall provide written notice to all of the community's tenants who own their manufactured or mobile homes at least one hundred eighty days prior to requiring such tenants to vacate the property due to a change in use of the property. In cases where more than one hundred eighty days remain on a current lease, the longer time period shall apply for purposes of providing notice pursuant to this section. The landlord shall not increase the rent, except for a rent increase based solely on an increase in property taxes, for any tenant of the manufactured or mobile home land lease community during the sixty-day period prior to providing such notice or at any time after providing such notice.
3. Nothing in this section shall be construed as prohibiting a landlord from evicting a tenant with less than one
hundred eighty days' notice for a violation of the lease or as otherwise provided by law.