FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1023
91ST GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVE HOHULIN.
Read 1st time March 15, 2001, and 1000 copies ordered printed.
TED WEDEL, Chief Clerk
To repeal section 701.357, RSMo 2000, and to enact in lieu thereof one new section relating to elevator safety and inspection.
Section A. Section 701.357, RSMo 2000, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 701.357, to read as follows:
701.357. 1. Any code adopted pursuant to section 701.355 shall be [equal to or] no more stringent than the standards provided for in the following:
(1) American Society of Mechanical Engineers Safety Code for Elevators and Escalators ANSI/ASME A17.1 and A17.3;
(2) American National Standard Practice for the Inspection of Elevators, Escalators and Moving Walks ANSI A17.2;
(3) American National Standard Safety Code for Manlifts ANSI A90.1; and
(4) American National Standard Safety Requirements for Personnel Hoist ANSI A10.4.
2. No code adopted pursuant to section 701.355 shall apply to manual material lifts which are at least fifty years old and used only for transport of materials and not of passengers. Loading and unloading a manual material lift shall not constitute the transport of passengers.
3. No code adopted pursuant to section 701.355 shall apply to a county of the first classification without a charter
form of government and with a population of more than eighty-five thousand but less than one hundred thousand