SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1381
92ND GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES JACKSON (Sponsor), JETTON, BAKER, DUSENBERG,
BROWN AND BOUGH (Co-sponsors).Read 1st time February 4, 2004, and copies ordered printed.
STEPHEN S. DAVIS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 42, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to veterans' outreach and education programs.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 42, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 42.014, to read as follows:
42.014. 1. The Missouri general assembly shall, through appropriations as provided by law, encourage the development of any veterans' programs approved by the executive director of the veterans' commission whereby the historical significance of veteran service can be dedicated to outreach and education inside public schools, veteran cemeteries, veteran homes, and other institutions as determined by rule and regulation.
2. The executive director of the veterans' commission shall administer the provisions of this section and may adopt all rules and regulations necessary to administer the provisions of this section. Any rule or portion of a rule, as that term is defined in section 536.010, RSMo, that is created under the authority delegated in this section shall become effective only if it complies with and is subject to all of the provisions of chapter 536, RSMo, and, if applicable, section 536.028, RSMo. This section and chapter 536, RSMo, are nonseverable and if any of the powers vested with the general assembly pursuant to chapter 536, RSMo, to review, to delay the effective date, or to disapprove and annul a rule are subsequently held unconstitutional, then the grant of rulemaking authority and any rule proposed or adopted after August 28, 2004, shall be invalid and void.
3. Pursuant to section 23.253, RSMo, of the Missouri Sunset Act:
(1) The provisions of the new program authorized under this section shall automatically sunset six years after the effective date of this section unless reauthorized by an act of the general assembly; and
(2) If such program is reauthorized, the program authorized under this section shall automatically sunset twelve years after the effective date of the reauthorization of this section; and
(3) This section shall terminate on September first of the calendar year immediately following the calendar year in which the program authorized under this section is sunset.