FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 430
93RD GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES SHOEMYER (Sponsor), JETTON, YOUNG, SWINGER, WITTE,
ROBINSON, CORCORAN, SALVA, BARNITZ, BAKER (25), LAMPE, OXFORD, MEADOWS, ROORDA,
WILDBERGER, PAGE, LeVOTA, BLACK, SMITH (14), WOOD, WILSON (119), SMITH (118), FAITH,
SCHLOTTACH, THRELKELD, SUTHERLAND, HARRIS (23) AND HARRIS (110) (Co-sponsors).
Read 1st time February 2, 2005 and copies ordered printed.
STEPHEN S. DAVIS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 266, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to anhydrous ammonia.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 266, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 266.359, to read as follows:
266.359. 1. To defray the costs associated with adding an additive to anhydrous ammonia as a deterrent to methamphetamine production in this state, the department of agriculture shall authorize the disbursement of moneys from the anhydrous ammonia additive fund created in this section to anhydrous ammonia distributors in an amount not to exceed the actual cost to the distributor for adding an additive to anhydrous ammonia, including but not limited to equipment, materials, and labor costs. The department, in collaboration with the department of revenue shall verify that the moneys distributed from the fund are used by distributors only for the purpose of adding an additive to anhydrous ammonia and that the reimbursement is sufficient to result in a savings to distributors equal to the actual cost of adding an additive to anhydrous ammonia.
2. There is hereby created in the state treasury the "Anhydrous Ammonia Additive Fund", which shall consist of money received from any state, federal, or any other source for the purposes provided in this section. The state treasurer shall be custodian of the fund and shall approve disbursements from the fund in accordance with sections 30.170 and 30.180, RSMo. The moneys in the fund shall be used solely to reimburse distributors for the cost of adding an additive to anhydrous ammonia.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 33.080, RSMo, to the contrary, any moneys remaining in the fund at the end of the biennium shall not revert to the credit of the general revenue fund.
4. The state treasurer shall invest moneys in the fund in the same manner as other funds are invested. Any interest and moneys earned on such investments shall be credited to the fund.
5. Any moneys remaining in the anhydrous ammonia additive fund on the date this terminates under subsection 6 of this section shall revert to the credit of the general revenue fund.
6. Pursuant to section 23.253, RSMo, of the Missouri Sunset Act:
(1) The provisions of the new program authorized under this section shall automatically sunset six years after the effective date of this section unless reauthorized by an act of the general assembly; and
(2) If such program is reauthorized, the program authorized under this section shall automatically sunset twelve years after the effective date of the reauthorization of this section; and
(3) This section shall terminate on September first of the calendar year immediately following the calendar year in which the program authorized under this section is sunset.