FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 913
93RD GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES AULL (Sponsor), LAMPE, WALLACE, ROBINSON, BROWN (50), KUESSNER, FRASER, SCHOEMEHL, RUCKER, MAY, WOOD, LOEHNER, SCHAD, VIEBROCK, WELLS, PARSON AND BAKER (25) (Co-sponsors).
Read 1st time March 31, 2005 and copies ordered printed.
STEPHEN S. DAVIS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 165, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to reporting school district operating fund balances and related information.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 165, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 165.012, to read as follows:
165.012. 1. Each school district shall annually report to the department of elementary and secondary education, within thirty days, the following district information as of December thirty-first of the current school year:
(1) The district's unrestricted fund balance in the incidental fund and in the teachers' fund;
(2) The amount of tax anticipation borrowed funds placed in the incidental fund and in the teachers' fund since the beginning of the school year; and
(3) The net amount of transfer from the incidental fund and teachers' fund to the capital projects fund and to the debt service fund since the beginning of the school year.
2. For the 2005-2006 school year, each school district shall also provide the same information required under subsection 1 of this section as of December 31, 2003, and as of December 31, 2004.
3. The information reported under this section shall be included in the school district's report card published under section 160.522, RSMo, for the current school year and for each of the preceding four school years to the extent that such information was required to be reported under subsections 1 and 2 of this section.