FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE COMMITTEE SUBSTITUTE FOR
HOUSE BILL NO. 98
94TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Reported from the Special Committee on Citizen Advocacy March 29, 2007 with recommendation that House Committee Substitute for House Bill No. 98 Do Pass. Referred to the Committee on Rules pursuant to Rule 25(21)(f).
D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 660, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to transportation services for the elderly.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 660, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 660.725, to read as follows:
660.725. 1. Each area agency on aging may establish a program that provides for volunteers to provide transportation within the geographic area of the agency to elderly persons to health care facilities for scheduled appointments or for other health care-related purposes.
2. Such volunteers shall utilize their own vehicles and shall be reimbursed for miles driven to provide transportation for elderly persons under the program. The area agency on aging may pay each volunteer a mileage allowance or reimbursement at the same rate as for state employees under section 33.095, RSMo.
3. The area agency on aging may encourage passengers under the program to reimburse the agency for all or part of the cost of providing such transportation services.
4. Any volunteer seeking a mileage allowance or reimbursement shall submit a monthly report to the agency detailing the transportation services provided, the dates of such services, and the miles driven. The agency may request further information from the volunteer on the monthly report.
5. Subject to appropriations, each area agency on aging may request funding of up to one thousand dollars annually per county for each county within the agency's jurisdiction from the department of health and senior services to assist with the costs associated with administering this program.
6. Pursuant to section 23.253, RSMo, of the Missouri Sunset Act:
(1) Any new program authorized under this section shall automatically sunset six years after the effective date of this section unless reauthorized by an act of the general assembly; and
(2) If such program is reauthorized, the program authorized under this section shall automatically sunset twelve years after the effective date of the reauthorization of this section; and
(3) This section shall terminate on September first of the calendar year immediately following the calendar year in which a program authorized under this section is sunset.