FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 152
94TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES CHAPPELLE-NADAL (Sponsor), OXFORD, SATER AND JOHNSON (61) (Co-sponsors).
Pre-filed December 15, 2006 and copies ordered printed.
D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 292, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to workplace violence, with penalty provisions.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 292, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 292.670, to read as follows:
292.670. 1. In order to protect the safety and identity of employees and members of the public, no employer shall:
(1) Transmit an employee's or customer's full name on any address system that is used to announce information to the general public;
(2) Provide an employee's work schedule to any person other than the employee or the employee's designee;
(3) Provide an employee's personal information such as a home address or telephone number to any person not working for the employer without the employee's previous consent.
2. Any person or entity that violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a class B misdemeanor and shall be civilly liable for any damages incurred as a direct result of the
3. No owner, employer, or management personnel of a business or establishment subject to the provisions of this section who directs or exercises any authority in a facility shall evict, harass, dismiss, or retaliate against an employee or patron of the business or establishment because such employee or patron has made a report of any violation or suspected violation of this section which the employee or patron has reasonable cause to believe has been committed or occurred.