FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 226
94TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES NANCE (Sponsor) AND FLOOK (Co-sponsor).
Read 1st time January 3, 2007 and copies ordered printed.
D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 67, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to county ordinances regulating pit bull dogs.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 67, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 67.2020, to read as follows:
67.2020. 1. As used in this section, "pit bull dog" means:
(1) The Bull Terrier breed of dog;
(2) The Staffordshire Bull Terrier breed of dog;
(3) The American Pit Bull Terrier breed of dog;
(4) The American Staffordshire Terrier breed of dog;
(5) Dogs of mixed breeding or of breeds other than defined in this section that are known as pit bulls, pit bull dogs, or Pit Bull Terriers;
(6) Any dog displaying the appearance and characteristics of dogs defined in this section;
(7) Any other breed of dog commonly known as pit bulls, pit bull dogs, or Pit Bull Terriers, or any combination of such breeds.
2. The county commission of any county of the third classification may, by order or ordinance, completely prohibit or limit the possession of pit bull dogs within the county. Any order or ordinance that limits the possession of pit bull dogs shall specifically provide for the following requirements:
(2) Photographs identifying the pit bull dog;
(3) Outdoor and indoor confinement;
(4) Leashes and muzzles or muzzling devices;
(5) Signs indicating the presence of a pit bull dog;
(7) Reporting the removal from the county or the death of the pit bull dog, the birth of any offspring of the pit bull dog, and any change of address within the county of the pit bull dog owner;
(8) Prohibition on sale or transfer of the pit bull dog;
(9) Registration of all offspring of the pit bull dog;
(10) Penalty for violation of the ordinance.