FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 384
94TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES WILDBERGER (Sponsor) AND MUNZLINGER (Co-sponsor).
Read 1st time January 11, 2007 and copies ordered printed.
D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 67, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to charitable solicitations.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 67, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 67.304, to read as follows:
67.304. 1. Any governing body of any municipality or county may authorize any employee or agent of the municipality or county to stand in a road to solicit a charitable contribution. Any person seeking authorization under this section shall file a written application with the governing body no later than the eleventh day before the solicitation is to begin. The application shall include:
(1) The date and time the solicitation is to occur;
(2) The location of the solicitation; and
(3) The number of solicitors to be involved at each location of the solicitation.
2. The governing authority may require the applicant to obtain a permit or to pay a reasonable fee to receive the authorization.
3. The applicant shall also furnish the governing body with proof of liability insurance in the amount of at least one million dollars to cover damages that may arise from the solicitation. The insurance shall provide coverage against claims against the applicant and claims against the governing authority.
4. No governing authority authorizing solicitation under this section shall be considered to have waived any immunity from liability provided by any provision of law. The issuance of the authorization and the solicitation shall be considered a governmental function of the governing body.