FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 975
94TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES SILVEY (Sponsor), LEMBKE, JONES (89), TALBOY, PORTWOOD, NIEVES, MUSCHANY, DIXON, SCHOELLER, COOPER (120), NANCE, SCHNEIDER, WALSH, LOWE (44), FRAME, WILDBERGER, HOLSMAN, MEINERS, TILLEY, QUINN (7), McGHEE AND BEARDEN (Co-sponsors).
Read 1st time February 26, 2007 and copies ordered printed.
D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 26, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to state contracts for services.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 26, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 26.057, to read as follows:
26.057. 1. The governor shall submit as part of the state budget the following information for current and proposed contracts for services:
(1) A description of the contract and services being purchased;
(2) The name of the agency contracting for the services;
(3) The name of the contractor and any subcontractors;
(4) The effective and expiration dates of the contract;
(5) The annual amounts paid to the contractor in the past two fiscal years and the current fiscal year under the contract by funding source;
(6) The annual amount proposed to be paid to the contractor under the proposed budget by funding source;
(7) The amount projected to be paid to the contractor in the fiscal years beyond the governor's budget by funding source;
(8) The total projected cost of the contract for all fiscal years by funding source; and
(9) Whether the contract was a sole-source procurement.
2. The information in subsection 1 of this section shall be provided to the public on the Missouri office of administration Internet site in a format allowing for searching and sorting by the categories listed in subdivisions (1) to (9) of subsection 1 of this section.
3. The information in subsection 1 of this section shall be submitted as part of the budget by agency or comparable budget category.
4. The total cost of contracting for services shall be submitted as part of the budget for each fund and agency or comparable budget category.