FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1276
94TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES CURLS (Sponsor) AND BLAND (Co-sponsor).
Read 1st time March 29, 2007 and copies ordered printed.
D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 407, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to residential construction disclosure forms.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 407, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 407.1575, to read as follows:
407.1575. 1. Beginning on or after August 28, 2007, before any new residential construction contract is executed, the contractor shall deliver to the potential owner a disclosure form containing information regarding the contractor and the contractor's work history. Such form shall include the signature of the contractor verifying the information contained in the disclosure form is true and accurate. The disclosure form shall be signed by the potential owner indicating the potential owner is adequately informed about the contractor and the contractor's work history.
2. The disclosure form shall contain the following information:
(1) Name of the contractor;
(2) Whether the contractor is licensed and where the contractor is licensed;
(3) Whether there has been a court judgment against the contractor within the last five years, and if so, the nature of the judgment;
(4) Whether the name of the company the contractor works for has changed within the last five years;
(5) Whether the contractor is registered within the state of Missouri, and if so, where the contractor is registered; and
(6) How long the contractor has been conducting business.
3. The attorney general shall create the disclosure form described in this section. Such form shall be made available through the attorney general's Internet web site.