SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 2159
94TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES GRILL (Sponsor), TALBOY, McCLANAHAN, SCHIEFFER, YAEGER, HOLSMAN, MEINERS AND SCHNEIDER (Co-sponsors).
Read 1st time February 14, 2008 and copies ordered printed.
D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 570, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to the Missouri diploma and transcript act, with a penalty provision.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 570, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 570.095, to read as follows:
570.095. 1. This section shall be known as the "Missouri Diploma and Transcript Act".
2. As used in this section the following terms shall mean:
(1) "Diploma", any document bearing record of graduation from or of a degree conferred by an educational institution;
(2) "Transcript", any document which purports to be an official copy of a student's educational record.
3. A person commits the crime of selling a fraudulent diploma or transcript if such person knowingly sells or offers for sale a diploma or transcript purporting to be a diploma or transcript from an educational institution without the express written authorization of the educational institution to sell or offer for sale such diploma or transcript.
4. Selling a fraudulent diploma or transcript is a class D felony.