FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 247
95TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES LOEHNER (Sponsor), McCLANAHAN, KIRKTON, JONES (117), SCHAD, SATER, COOPER, FALLERT AND HUGHES (Co-sponsors).
0734L.02I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To repeal section 335.212, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof one new section relating to the nursing student loan program.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Section 335.212, RSMo, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 335.212, to read as follows:
335.212. As used in sections 335.212 to 335.242, the following terms mean:
(1) "Board", the Missouri state board of nursing;
(2) "Department", the Missouri department of health and senior services;
(3) "Director", director of the Missouri department of health and senior services;
(4) "Eligible student", a resident who has been accepted as a full-time student in a formal course of instruction leading to an associate degree, a diploma, a bachelor of science, [or] a master of science in nursing [or leading to the completion of educational requirements for a licensed practical nurse] (M.S.N.), a doctorate in nursing (Ph.D. or D.N.P.), or a doctorate in education (Ed.D.), or leading to the completion of educational requirements for a licensed practical nurse. The doctoral applicant may be a part-time student;
(5) "Participating school", an institution within this state which is approved by the board for participation in the professional and practical nursing student loan program established by sections 335.212 to 335.242, having a nursing department and offering a course of instruction based on nursing theory and clinical nursing experience;
(6) "Qualified applicant", an eligible student approved by the board for participation in the professional and practical nursing student loan program established by sections 335.212 to 335.242;
(7) "Qualified employment", employment on a full-time basis in Missouri in a position requiring licensure as a licensed practical nurse or registered professional nurse in any hospital as defined in section 197.020, RSMo, or in any agency, institution, or organization located in an area of need as determined by the department of health and senior services. Any forgiveness of such principal and interest for any qualified applicant engaged in qualified employment on a less than full-time basis may be prorated to reflect the amounts provided in this section;
(8) "Resident", any person who has lived in this state for one or more years for any purpose other than the attending of an educational institution located within this state.