SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1720
95TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES SCHIEFFER (Sponsor), GATSCHENBERGER, LeBLANC AND BIERMANN (Co-sponsors).
3124L.02I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To repeal sections 302.132 and 302.140, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof two new sections relating to temporary motorcycle permits.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Sections 302.132 and 302.140, RSMo, are repealed and two new sections enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as sections 302.132 and 302.140, to read as follows:
302.132. 1. Any person at least fifteen and one-half years of age who, except for age or lack of instruction in operating a motor vehicle, would otherwise be qualified to obtain a motorcycle or motortricycle license or endorsement pursuant to sections 302.010 to 302.340 may apply, with the written consent of the parent or guardian of such person, for a temporary motorcycle instruction permit to operate a motorcycle or motortricycle.
2. The director shall issue a temporary motorcycle instruction permit under this section if the applicant has completed a motorcycle rider training course approved under sections 302.133 to 302.138, has presented proof of financial responsibility, and is otherwise eligible for the temporary permit.
3. A person receiving a temporary motorcycle permit and having it in his immediate possession shall be entitled to operate a motorcycle or motortricycle for a period of [six months] sixty days upon the highways of the state, and persons under the age of sixteen shall be subject to the following restrictions:
(1) The motorcycle or motortricycle may not have an engine with a displacement of greater than two hundred fifty cubic centimeters;
(2) The operator shall not travel at any time from a half-hour after sunset to a half-hour before sunrise;
(3) The operator shall not carry any passengers; and
(4) The operator shall not travel over fifty miles from the operator's home address.
302.140. 1. Every application for an instruction permit shall be made upon a form furnished by the director, which application shall be certified by the applicant to be true and correct, and every such application shall be accompanied by a fee of [one dollar] ten dollars. 2. In addition to the fee prescribed in subsection 1 of this section, applicants for a motorcycle instruction permit under section 302.132 shall pay a special motorcycle safety education fee of two dollars and seventy-five cents.