SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1851
95TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES NOLTE (Sponsor), GUERNSEY, FUNDERBURK, PARKINSON, RIDDLE, EMERY, BURLISON, RUZICKA, NIEVES, SCHAD, KOENIG, BIVINS, NANCE, FISHER (125), SANDER AND WELLS (Co-sponsors).
4555L.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To repeal section 393.1025, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof one new section relating to renewable energy resources.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Section 393.1025, RSMo, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 393.1025, to read as follows:
393.1025. As used in sections 393.1020 to 393.1030, the following terms mean:
(1) "Commission", the public service commission;
(2) "Department", the department of natural resources;
(3) "Electric utility", any electrical corporation as defined by section 386.020;
(4) "Renewable energy credit" or "REC", a tradeable certificate of proof that one megawatt-hour of electricity has been generated from renewable energy sources; and
(5) "Renewable energy resources", electric energy produced from wind, solar thermal sources, photovoltaic cells and panels, dedicated crops grown for energy production, cellulosic agricultural residues, plant residues, methane from landfills or from wastewater treatment, clean and untreated wood such as pallets, hydropower (not including pumped storage) that does not require a new diversion or impoundment of water and that has a nameplate rating of ten megawatts or less, fuel cells using hydrogen produced by one of the above-named renewable energy sources, nuclear energy, and other sources of energy [not including nuclear] that become available after November 4, 2008, and are certified as renewable by rule by the department.