SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1424
96TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES MARSHALL (Sponsor), LASATER, BAHR, SCHIEBER, FUHR, SCHAD, HIGDON AND PHILLIPS (Co-sponsors).
5003L.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To repeal sections 43.260 and 43.265, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof two new sections relating to the state highway patrol.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Sections 43.260 and 43.265, RSMo, are repealed and two new sections enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as sections 43.260 and 43.265, to read as follows:
43.260. Notwithstanding other provisions of law to the contrary, the Missouri state highway patrol is hereby authorized to sell surplus highway patrol motor vehicles, watercraft, watercraft motors, and trailers. Sales to municipal, county, political subdivisions or state governmental agencies shall be given preference over sales to the general public. Vehicles, watercraft, watercraft motors, and trailers may be offered for sale only after approval is given in writing by the commissioner of administration and an evaluation is made of each [vehicle] asset and a price determined by the commissioner of administration. The highway patrol shall accept not less than the amount authorized by the commissioner of administration for the sale of vehicles, watercraft, watercraft motors, and trailers.
43.265. There is hereby created in the state treasury the "Highway Patrol's Motor Vehicle [and] , Aircraft, and Watercraft Revolving Fund", which shall be administered by the superintendent of the highway patrol. All funds received by the highway patrol from:
(1) Any source for purchase of highway patrol motor vehicles, watercraft, watercraft motors, and trailers;
(2) Any source for reimbursement of costs associated with the official use of highway patrol vehicles;
(3) Any source for restitution for damage to or loss of a highway patrol vehicle or aircraft;
(4) Any other source for the purchase of highway patrol aircraft or aircraft parts; and
(5) Government agencies for the reimbursement of costs associated with aircraft flights flown on their behalf by the highway patrol; shall be credited to the fund. The state treasurer is the custodian of the fund and shall approve disbursements from the fund subject to appropriation and as provided by law and the constitution of this state at the request of the superintendent of the highway patrol. The balances from this fund shall be used for the purchase of highway patrol motor vehicles, highway patrol watercraft, watercraft motors, and trailers, highway patrol aircraft or aircraft parts and operational costs. Any unexpended balance in the fund at the end of the fiscal year shall be exempt from the provisions of section 33.080 relating to the transfer of unexpended balances to the general revenue fund.