FIRST REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 542
97TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES LOVE (Sponsor), PIKE, HOUGHTON, JOHNSON, REIBOLDT, REDMON, DUNN, MCGAUGH, HANSEN, SCHIEFFER, FITZWATER, DUGGER AND WRIGHT (Co-sponsors).
1170H.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To repeal section 196.311, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof one new section relating to eggs.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Section 196.311, RSMo, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 196.311, to read as follows:
196.311. Unless otherwise indicated by the context, when used in sections 196.311 to 196.361:
(1) "Consumer" means any person who purchases eggs for his or her own family use or consumption; or any restaurant, hotel, boardinghouse, bakery, or other institution or concern which purchases eggs for serving to guests or patrons thereof, or for its own use in cooking, baking, or manufacturing their products;
(2) "Container" means any box, case, basket, carton, sack, bag, or other receptacle. "Subcontainer" means any container when being used within another container;
(3) "Dealer" means any person who purchases eggs from the producers thereof, or another dealer, for the purpose of selling such eggs to another dealer, a processor, or retailer;
(4) "Denatured" means eggs (a) made unfit for human food by treatment or the addition of a foreign substance, or (b) with one-half or more of the shell's surface covered by a permanent black, dark purple or dark blue dye;
(5) "Director" means the director of the department of agriculture;
(6) "Eggs" means [eggs in the shell from] the shell eggs of a domesticated chicken[s] , turkey, duck, goose, or guinea that are intended for human consumption;
(7) "Inedible eggs" means eggs which are defined as such in the rules and regulations of the director adopted under sections 196.311 to 196.361, which definition shall conform to the specifications adopted therefor by the United States Department of Agriculture;
(8) "Person" means and includes any individual, firm, partnership, exchange, association, trustee, receiver, corporation or any other business organization, and any member, officer or employee thereof;
(9) "Processor" means any person engaged in breaking eggs or manufacturing or processing egg liquids, whole egg meats, yolks, whites, or any mixture of yolks and whites, with or without the addition of other ingredients, whether chilled, frozen, condensed, concentrated, dried, powdered or desiccated;
(10) "Retailer" means any person who sells eggs to a consumer;
(11) "Sell" means offer for sale, expose for sale, have in possession for sale, exchange, barter, or trade.