SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1413
97TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES FITZWATER (Sponsor), FRAKER, BLACK, CRAWFORD, ROWLAND, HIGDON, ENTLICHER, MILLER, DUGGER, NORR, ZERR, HICKS, LANT, HOUGHTON AND ROSS (Co-sponsors).
4964H.02I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To amend chapter 419, RSMo, by adding thereto one new section relating to campgrounds, with penalty provisions.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 419, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be known as section 419.090, to read as follows:
419.090. 1. For purposes of this section, the following terms shall mean:
(1) “Campground”, any parcel or tract of land, including buildings and other structures, where five or more campsites are made available for use as temporary living quarters for recreational, camping, travel, or seasonal use. The term “campground” shall also include recreational vehicle parks;
(2) “Campground owner”, the owner or operator of a campground or an agent of such owner or operator.
2. A campground owner may remove or cause to be removed from a campground any person who:
(1) Is not a registered guest or visitor of the campground;
(2) Remains on the campground beyond an agreed-upon departure time and date;
(3) Defaults in the payment of any lawfully imposed registration or visitor fee or charge;
(4) Creates a disturbance that denies other persons their right to quiet enjoyment of the campground necessary for the preservation of public peace, health, and safety; or
(5) Violates any federal, state, or local law.
3. A person who remains on a campground after having been asked to leave by a campground owner for violating any of the provisions of subsection 2 of this section shall be guilty of trespass and may be removed summarily by the campground owner or a law enforcement officer.
4. A person who is removed from a campground under subsection 3 of this section shall be entitled to a refund of the unused portion of any prepaid fees, less any amount otherwise owed to the campground owner or deducted for damages, which unused portion of prepaid fees may be prorated at a rate that is based upon the daily rate charged by the campground owner.