SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 1814
97TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES CURTIS (Sponsor), ENGLUND AND CARPENTER (Co-sponsors).
5893L.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To repeal section 347.179, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof one new section relating to limited liability corporations.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Section 347.179, RSMo, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 347.179, to read as follows:
347.179. 1. The secretary shall charge and collect:
(1) For filing the original articles of organization, a fee of one hundred dollars, except as provided in subsection 2 of this section;
(2) For filing the original articles of organization online, in an electronic format prescribed by the secretary of state, a fee of forty-five dollars, except as provided in subsection 2 of this section;
(3) Applications for registration of foreign limited liability companies and issuance of a certificate of registration to transact business in this state, a fee of one hundred dollars;
(4) Amendments to and restatements of articles of limited liability companies to application for registration of a foreign limited liability company or any other filing otherwise provided for, a fee of twenty dollars;
(5) Articles of termination of limited liability companies or cancellation of registration of foreign limited liability companies, a fee of twenty dollars;
(6) For filing notice of merger or consolidation, a fee of twenty dollars;
(7) For filing a notice of winding up, a fee of twenty dollars;
(8) For issuing a certificate of good standing, a fee of five dollars;
(9) For a notice of the abandonment of merger or consolidation, a fee of twenty dollars;
(10) For furnishing a copy of any document or instrument, a fee of fifty cents per page;
(11) For accepting an application for reservation of a name, or for filing a notice of the transfer or cancellation of any name reservation, a fee of twenty dollars;
(12) For filing a statement of change of address of registered office or registered agent, or both, a fee of five dollars;
(13) For any service of notice, demand, or process upon the secretary as resident agent of a limited liability company, a fee of twenty dollars, which amount may be recovered as taxable costs by the party instituting such suit, action, or proceeding causing such service to be made if such party prevails therein;
(14) For filing an amended certificate of registration a fee of twenty dollars; and
(15) For filing a statement of correction a fee of five dollars.
2. Beginning January 1, 2015, and every January thereafter, any newly formed limited liability company shall not pay the fee required in subdivision (1) or (2) of subsection 1 of this section.