SECOND REGULAR SESSION
HOUSE BILL NO. 2249
97TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY
INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVES HOUGHTON (Sponsor), BARNES, HAMPTON AND MCGAUGH (Co-sponsors).
6499H.01I D. ADAM CRUMBLISS, Chief Clerk
To repeal section 37.850, RSMo, and to enact in lieu thereof one new section relating to the Missouri accountability portal.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Section 37.850, RSMo, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 37.850, to read as follows:
37.850. 1. The commissioner of administration shall maintain the Missouri accountability portal established in executive order 07-24 as a free, internet-based tool allowing citizens to demand fiscal discipline and responsibility.
2. (1) The Missouri accountability portal shall consist of an easy-to-search database of financial transactions related to the purchase of goods and services and the distribution of funds for state programs; all bonds issued by any public institution of higher education or political subdivision of this state or its designated authority after August 28, 2013; all obligations issued or incurred pursuant to section 99.820 by any political subdivision of this state or its designated authority; and the revenue stream pledged to repay such bonds or obligations; and all debt incurred by any public charter school.
(2) The Missouri accountability portal shall display an itemized list of all purchases made, by whatever means, equal to or in excess of two hundred fifty dollars made by a state agency. Such list shall provide information on the item purchased, the purchase price, the division or level of the organization purchasing the item, and the purpose for such item.
3. The Missouri accountability portal shall be updated each state business day and maintained as the primary source of information about the activity of Missouri's government.
4. Upon the conducting of a withholding or a release of funds, the governor shall submit a report stating all amounts withheld from the state's operating budget for the current fiscal year, as authorized by Article IV, Section 27 of the Missouri Constitution which shall be:
(1) Conspicuously posted on the accountability portal website;
(2) Searchable by the amounts withheld or released from each individual fund; and
(3) Searchable by the total amount withheld or released from the operating budget.
5. Every political subdivision of the state, including public institutions of higher education but excluding school districts, shall supply all information described in subsection 2 of this section to the office of administration within seven days of issuing or incurring such corresponding bond or obligation. For all such bonds or obligations issued or incurred prior to August 28, 2013, every such political subdivision and public institution of higher education shall have ninety days to supply such information to the office of administration.
6. Every school district and public charter school shall supply all information described in subsection 2 of this section to the department of elementary and secondary education within seven days of issuing such bond, or incurring such debt. The department of elementary and secondary education shall have forty-eight hours to deliver such information to the office of administration. For all such bonds issued or debt incurred prior to August 28, 2013, every school district and public charter school shall have ninety days to supply such information to the department of elementary and secondary education. The department of elementary and secondary education shall have forty-eight hours to deliver such information to the office of administration.