INTRODUCED BY REPRESENTATIVE ELLIOTT.
Read 1st time February 24, 1997 and 1000 copies ordered printed.
ANNE C. WALKER, Chief Clerk
To repeal section 565.082, RSMo 1994, relating to assault, and to enact in lieu thereof one new
section relating to the same subject, with penalty provisions.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Section 565.082, RSMo 1994, is repealed and one new section enacted in lieu thereof, to be known as section 565.082, to read as follows:
565.082. 1. A person commits the crime of assault of a law enforcement officer in the second degree if [he] such person:
(1) Attempts to cause or knowingly causes physical injury to a law enforcement officer by means of a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument;
(2) Recklessly causes serious physical injury to a law enforcement officer; [or]
(3) While in an intoxicated condition or under the influence of controlled substances or drugs, operates a motor vehicle in this state and when so operating, acts with criminal negligence to cause physical injury to a law enforcement officer[.]; or
(4) Knowingly attempts, by means of force, to take any deadly weapon or dangerous instrument from the possession of a law enforcement officer.
2. Assault of a law enforcement officer in the second degree is a class B felony.
Return to the Missouri House of Representatives